Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hi, my name is TR Nowry and I am a Meth head

Hi, my name is TR Nowry, and I am a meth head.

For those few of you out there that have read my Hummingbird Series from Art all the way through Daughters of Immortality and into Waffen, you may have noticed my strange and politically incorrect choice of methanol over ethanol as their fuel of choice (and that of the HB series plane).

It wasn't an accident. Methanol is vastly superior as it can be made from plants, coal, and natural gas with much less fuss and on far larger scales than ethanol ever dreamed of doing. Imagine the economics of that kind of versatility. When coal is cheap, we get cheap coal methanol. When natural gas is cheap, we still get cheap methanol. And then there's always the bio-fuel version. That' would protect us from OPEC forever. And it's a mature science (the Germans did it on an industrial scale during WWII)

Now, 7 decades and two oil crisis's later, the House is finally figuring this out too.

Good for them. It's about time.

My Google alerts picked out this gem for me and I thought I'd share it with you. It says it all pretty well. I hope you'll join me and proudly come out as a meth head too : )

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/353030/pass-open-fuel-standard-robert-zubrin

1 comment: